Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Woman Who Sees Everything Upside Down:


Bojana Danilovic views everything upside down because of a rare brain condition called "spatial orientation phenomenon."


Bojana Danilovic


Danilovic has to read papers from the bottom up and uses an upside down computer screen.

"It may look incredible to other people but to me it's completely normal," Danilovic told Express.co.uk. "I was born that way. It's just the way I see the world."

The economics graduate, who lives in Uzice, Serbia, watches one TV balanced on its top while the rest of the family watches another.

"They say my eyes see the images the right way up but my brain changes them," explained Danilovic. "But they don't really seem to know exactly how it happens, just that it does and where it happens in my brain. They told me they've seen the case histories of some people who write the way I see, but never someone quite like me."

1 comment:

  1. Actually, the eyes, just like a camera have a lens which inverts the image which appears in the retina upside down. The brain post processes the information and we "see" the image right side up, or "actual" orientation. Digital cameras are also aware of the situation and do likewise, they can't flip the film.

    ReplyDelete